High-definition Drain Camera Inspection Toronto – Mister Plumber
Get a clear diagnosis of your drain or sewer line issues with high-definition CCTV drain cameras that find the culprits behind annoying drain blockages like tree root intrusion, grease build-up, and hair clogs.
Drain camera inspections are non-invasive, accurate, and cost-effective – Mister Plumber is proud to be the GTA’s go-to choice for drain services in the Greater Toronto Area.
How do I know if I need a drain camera inspection?
So how do you know if it’s time to call in the professionals? Here are a few tell-tale signs that you might need a drain camera inspection:
- Foul odours – If your drains are emitting unpleasant smells, chances are a clog could be forming or a stinky sewer line could be leaking, so it might be time for an inspection to check out what’s wrong exactly.
- Slow drains – If your sink or tub is draining slower than usual, it could be a sign of a blockage. And if you find yourself reaching for the plunger on a regular basis, it’s probably time to call in a drain camera specialist.
- Gurgling noises – If you hear your drains making strange gurgling or bubbling noises, it’s a good indication that there is trapped air in the line which could be caused by a clog.
- You see spikes in your water bill – After years of paying that hydro bill, you know there’s a general range your amount falls in between. So a sudden and unexplained increase in your water bill could be a sign that there is a leak somewhere in your sewer line.
If you’re experiencing any of the above issues, or just want peace of mind that your drains and sewer are in good condition, Mister Plumber offers high-definition drain camera inspections to get to the bottom of things.
What happens during a drain camera inspection?
A drain camera inspection is a non-invasive way to take a close look at your drain or sewer line to locate the source of a problem. Here’s how to process works:
- You suspect that something’s wrong with your drains, so you call Mister Plumber (at 416 939 1530) for a free consultation.
- A small, high-definition camera is inserted into your drain through a cleanout access point or existing opening. We can handle any drain line – be it your kitchen sink drain, bathroom sink, tub, or shower, washing machine lines, or floor drains.
- The camera is then fed through the piping, providing a live video feed of the interior of your drains as it goes. The video footage is transmitted to a monitor so our technician can see what’s going on.
- Once the inspection is complete, the camera is removed and our drain technician will go over the findings with you.
- We’ll provide recommendations for the next steps, which could include drain cleaning or repair/replacement services.
So we’ve found the drain blockage, what’s next?
Once the source of the problem has been located, our drain technicians will provide you with a few options for how to proceed.
We’ll always provide an honest assessment and let you know what we think is the best course of action to take, taking into account the severity of the issue and your budget.
Here are your options:
- Drain snaking: This is the most common method of drain cleaning and involves using a long, flexible steel cable to break up the clog and clear it out of the drain. Drain snaking is effective for most types of blockages. Mister Plumer uses best-in-class drain snaking tools like the Ridgid K-45, which has 3 cable sizes for different drains. The 1/4” cable is ideal for bathroom sinks and bathtub drains. The 5/16” cable is used for floor drains and showers. And the 3/8” cable is used for cleaning washing machines.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is a more aggressive form of drain cleaning that uses high-pressure water to blast away stubborn clogs and build-up. It’s often used for main sewer lines that are blocked with years of grease, sludge, and debris.
- Repair/replacement: In some serious cases, you might be better off getting that drain repaired or replaced. If your drain line is old and starting to corrode or if there is a break or crack in the pipe, it might make more sense (and be more cost-effective in the long run) to get it repaired or replaced.
Get your drains checked by Mister Plumber ✅
No matter what course of action you decide to take, Mister Plumber offers a wide range of drain repair and replacement services to get your drains flowing smoothly again.
If you’re experiencing any problems with your drains or sewer line, call us at 416 939 1530 or via contact form to see how modern CCTV plumbing inspection technology can help you with your drain problems.