If you have ever had to have your sewer lines or indoor plumbing lines repaired, or perhaps you have heard the stories told by others, then you know how arduous a process it can be. So, if you find yourself in need of new water lines or pipes, then chances are, you are not looking forward to the experience. But what if there were an alternative to the traditional sewer and water lines? Rather having your lawn or driveway dug up and making the yard look unsightly and causing a long list of inconveniences for your household, now you can opt for trenchless pipe replacement.
Simply put, trenchless pipe replacement (sometimes called pipe rehabilitation, pipe breaking, trenchless technology or no dig) is when underground pipe-work is replaced without digging long, ugly trenches that disrupt lawns, sidewalks, driveways and other features of your property. In fact, when trenchless pipe replacement is used there is 90% less damage done to the grounds or concrete work. Of course, this is not the only reason, albeit a good one, that many people are opting for trenchless pipes rather than the traditional. Here are some of the other advantages of trenchless pipe replacement.
- Pipe rehabilitation can save on your water, electrical and gas lines because it does not need to be turned off or re-installed due to digging a new drain line.
- If in the future, you have any problems with your sewer/water lines, a trenchless system works more effectively with a sewer camera inspection making it easy to determine where the problem is.
- The no dig technology means that water flows better and the plumbing system is longer lasting than “traditional” pipelines.
- Trenchless pipe replacement is cheaper than sewer line replacement because it is not necessary to dig up the sewer lines and destroy the existing landscape and cement work. As a result, you will not have the added expense of repairing your yard after the job is complete.
- Trenchless pipe replacement can be done anywhere-whether you live in the mountains, the city or at the beach, no region is off limits for pipe rehabilitation.
- Any future repairs are easily made via the 2 small access points at either end of the pipeline, meaning that it is not necessary to uncover the entire system.
Like anything else in life, if there are advantages to something, there are usually disadvantages as well. Trenchless pipe replacement is no different. Here are the disadvantages of trenchless pipe replacement:
- In order to maintain that any additional lines-electrical, gas, etc… are not damaged, it may be necessary for the workers to do some hand digging in the yard to establish where these lines are located.
- The labor cost can be higher as the equipment used is expensive.
- Occasionally, it may be necessary to remove some of the landscaping, but only if the root system of the plants it will cause future problems.
Mister Plumber specializing in Etobicoke, ON sewer repair, drain cleaning, and emergency plumbing, Mr. Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates. Call us 416 939 1530 or fill the form for Online Free Estimate.