Finding out the right plumbing company or plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York can decrease the stress of your repairing requirements. Whether your requirements are large or small, proper plumbing is an art. Keeping the toxins out of water, keeping the pressure adequate and preventing leakages are just a few of the several challenges that do need to be kept in mind of plumbers.
Since this work requires proper knowledge and experience, you should look for certain qualities before hiring a Toronto plumber:
- Ask for the state license: All plumbers including journeymen and sub-contractors are licensed by the state government. Ask for their license and have a look at it before hiring them.
- Check the proof of insurance: For your security, ask about the compensation and general liability of the workman.
- Check the business stability: If you’re hiring a firm, find out from how long they’ve been providing plumbing services. Or if you’re hiring an individual plumber then ask for his experience in the work.
- Check the pricing structure: All plumbing companies or plumbers don’t charge in the same way – some will charge you a flat fees while some can charge according to the material and time. Ask the firm or plumber to clarify the pricing structure.
The pricing of Toronto plumbers is affected by several factors including:
- Time required to complete the installation or repair
- Quality and number of fixtures
You should also understand that a low-charging company can’t always be the right company for you. Some plumbing companies offer lower hourly rates but later recoup their money by charging additional “equipment fees.” Ask them whether they’ve special charges for tools, trip costs and trucks etc. or not. Some companies also charge additional charges for weekends, overtime, holidays and emergency calls. Ask the company that what’s its philosophy for such circumstances? While evaluating the costs of these plumbers or plumbing companies you should compare apples to apples.
- Compare the prices of Fixtures: Some companies or plumbers get trickier at this point and try to make some money out of the fixtures that they do. Ask them that what type of fixtures are they going to use and how many? Also compare the prices of such fixtures at some other places. It’s not too hard for plumbers to ask require a decent sized deposit for special orders of fixtures.
- Check whether they’ll install your purchased fixtures or not: Some plumbers or plumbing companies simply refuse to install the fixtures purchased by the customer. Ask them for their policy on customer purchased fixtures before you purchase something or hire someone.
- Ask for the warranty: Lastly, ask for the warranty that they provide on their labor work. Remember that the warranty of equipment and warranty of labor work done by the plumber are two different things. Warranty of equipment will be longer than the warranty of labor work. So ask them for the warranty of their labor work. Usually plumbers provide a warranty of 30 days on stoppage and as many as 90 days on installation.
Looking for plumbers? Mister Plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York specializing sewer repair, upgrade waterline, lead pipe replacement, water service upgrade, drain cleaning, backwater valve installation, lead pipe replacement, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates. Call us 416 939 1530 or fill the form for Online Free Estimate.