No matter how systematic or organized you are in your house but a nasty smell from the clogged pipes can mess up the ambiance of your place. So, it is necessary to install the backwater valves in your house to avoid the drainage issues for long term. If you want to keep your place safe from flooding and prevent backwater flow into the Toronto home, read on.
Why Installing Backwater Valve in Toronto Homes is Crucial
It gets difficult to prevent overland flooding in low-lying areas. But the backwater valve installation can eliminate such sewage problems. It is placed in a main line in the foundation of the building basement to avoid the sewer back flows. It makes for a vital part of the primary plumbing system in the house.
Which Type of Valves Can be Helpful?
1) Flap or check valves allow the sewage to flow out of your house and they are easy to install.
2) Gate valves are more complex than flap valves. They supply a tighter seal in the floods.
How to Undertake Maintenance for Backwater Valves
1) Regular checkup and clean up is the best way to decrease the risk of basement flooding.
2) Check the basement floor along with the front wall of the house to identify the weeping tile connection. Generally, a metal plate or cap covers the connection.
3) Take off the cover and find the valve at the base opposite the connection to the sewer line.
4) For high performance, clean and flush the valve every year.
How to Clean Drains in Your Toronto House
Here are simple tips to follow that will ensure that your drainage system works properly.
1) Building a higher ground around the house can direct the water flow away from the basement.
2) Always check the patios, driveways, sidewalks and decks to protect the basement walls.
3) Stretched downspouts can help to flow away the water from your house and doesn’t affect the basement windows or the walls.
4) Make sure the downspouts are not connected to your house sewer system.
5) Regularly clean the debris from the Eavestroughs. If they overflow then replace it with a lager eavestroughs and downspouts.
6) Reduce the amount of water flow to reduce the risk of sewer backups.
7) Maintain the moisture content of the soil under and around the house to reduce chance of cracks in your basement walls.
8) You can prolong the life of your sump pump by reducing its daily work load.
These simple maintenance tips can help homeowners avoid sewer backups. Professional Toronto plumbers can guide you installing the right protection device in your home.
If you are still looking for trusted plumber, Mister Plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York specializing sewer repair, upgrade waterline, water service upgrade, drain cleaning, backwater valve installation, lead pipe replacement, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates.