A blocked drain is a problem most Toronto households have had and it is quite a stressful situation. A blocked drain simply means that waste water would be filling up your sink or tub. You will also begin to get an unpleasant smell from the drain. It is important to handle the problem fast before the pipe bursts.
Here are methods:
1. Use the Hook of a Wire Coat Hanger
– Bend a wire coat hanger so that you have it straight but with a hook at one end.
– Push the wire down the drain cover and fish inside the pipe. This will help you get most of the waste materials that are blocking the drain.
– After doing this and you feel there is no more waste in the pipe, pour hot water down the drain to flush it down.
2. Caustic Soda
– Fill a container with two litres of water and add three cups of caustic soda. Mix the two very well
– The mixture will begin to fizz and heat up. Pour it down the blocked drain. Leave the mixture to react with the waste for about 30 minutes.
– Use hot water to flush down the mixture
3. Hot Water
This is the easiest method to work with. All you have to do is to boil water to the boiling point and then pour the water down the drain. You can repeat this process several times. Wait for some minutes before you pour the next hot water.
4. Baking Soda and Vinegar
– Mix a cup of vinegar and a handful of baking soda together in a container.
– Pour the mixture down the drain followed by enough hot water and check to see whether the drain is unclogged.
5. Use a Plunger
A plunger is a plumbing tool made of rubber and a wooden handle. It clears up clogs quickly and easily although you may have to repeat the process a number of times before the problem is solved. These are the steps:
– Fill the sink with water until the cup of the plunger if immersed in water
– Put your plunger on the drain and ensure that no air is trapped inside the plunger cup
– Press the cup against the sink to form a seal
– Thrust the plunger up and down quickly and repeatedly
– Flush your drain with hot water to clear out all the waste
If you try all these techniques and none has worked for you, then involving a qualified Toronto plumber is the best solution for cleaning your blocked drain. Always remember to put on protective clothing as you work on the pipe. These include goggles and rubber gloves. You also need the right tools, a little patience and skills for you to hack it.
If you are still looking for trusted, licensed plumber, Mister Plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York specializing sewer repair, upgrade waterline, water service upgrade, drain cleaning, backwater valve installation, lead pipe replacement, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates.