Ensure a Dry Basement: Upgrade Your Sump Pump Now
Basements, situated below ground level, are susceptible to flooding from natural groundwater. The water table, an underground level that varies with the season and precipitation volume, poses a risk despite the concrete foundation and floor. Concrete, being porous, isn’t inherently waterproof. To combat groundwater, weeping tiles around the foundation footing collect water, directing it to the sump pit within the basement. Here, a sump pump automatically activates, pumping the water outside through a discharge pipe. This crucial device operates on 110 volts, safeguarding your basement from potential flooding. The pump, though concealed by an airtight lid to prevent Radon gas infiltration, requires regular maintenance and, in emergencies, prompt attention from Mister Plumber, your trusted local contractor.
Signs Your Sump Pump Demands Attention:
1. Water pooling on the floor and along foundation walls
2. Absence of motor noise during operation
3. No water discharge through the outlet pipe
4. Unusual or loud noises during pump operation
5. Excessive shaking of the discharge pipe
6. Frequent tripping of the circuit breaker
Understanding Sump Pump Types:
Residential applications commonly employ two types of sump pumps: pedestal and submersible. The latter, offering superior power and performance, is the preferred choice. Typically, either a 1/3 HP or 1/2 HP pump is installed for a single-family dwelling. With a plethora of brands on the market, consulting a licensed plumber is wise for guidance. Backup pumps, like the battery-powered variant using a marine deep-cycle battery, provide added protection in case of primary pump failure or power outages. For new installations, our Oakville plumbers recommend combo units, connecting prefabricated main and secondary pumps seamlessly.
Why Oakville Homeowners Choose Mister Plumber:
1. Over 20 years of plumbing experience
2. Licensed and insured services
3. Swift response to your plumbing needs
4. Utilization of modern tools and equipment
5. Fair and transparent pricing
6. Over 200 positive Google reviews
Mister Plumber stands as the preferred choice for sump pump repair, replacement, or new installations. Need assistance? Call us today at 416-939-1530 to schedule an appointment with one of our certified plumbers, dedicated to protecting your basement from potential floods.