One of the biggest problems for do-it-yourselfers and even building professionals is how to figure out, how to actually do something that you haven’t ever done before. If this is going to be the first time that you will be re-pipe being a house, I would like to share some plumbing Toronto contractor tips with you, that might save you a lot of frustration and money.
1. Make sure that you plan the re-piping job out, thoroughly. Before you even think about re-piping a house, make sure that you plan everything out. If you don’t even know where to start, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to purchase a few books about basic plumbing, or to get some advice from a local Toronto plumber.
2. What type of building materials are you going to use? There are plenty of new water supply pipe materials on the market today. Copper water supply pipes have been used for years and might be a little harder to work with, than the newer plastic or rubberized water supply pipes. One of the easiest materials to work with today, for most homeowners is PEX water supply systems.
3. Make sure that you shut the water supply valve off. You should always shut the water supply valve off, before working on any water supply pipes. The worse thing that can happen to you is to start disconnecting or cutting into a pipe with the water turned on.
4. Can you do the job by yourself or do you need some help? If you don’t feel comfortable doing the job by yourself or some of the building materials are going to be difficult to work with, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to find someone that can help you with re-piping the house.
5. How much demolition will I need to do? This falls back into the re-piping planning stage. There is a good chance that you will need to do some demolition, to access some of your plumbing pipes, shutoff valves and fixtures. In other words, don’t remove the bathtub tile, if it’s going to be easier to cut a hole in the back of the drywall. Make sure that you don’t make the re-piping job any harder than it needs to be.
Re-piping a house isn’t going to be an easy project. I would rate repiping a house as one of the most difficult home repair projects that a homeowner or do-it-yourselfer might ever do. I said it once, but I need to say it again. Make sure that you plan the job out, before you actually start it.
Mister Plumber specializing in Toronto, ON sewer repair, drain cleaning, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates. Call us 416 939 1530 or fill the form for Online Free Estimate.