Most Toronto pipelines will probably leak sometime in their existence. Like anything else, we tend to let pipelines go unserviced longer than their manufacturers recommend. Pipeline leak detection services exist to find the inevitable leaks that result from the pipeline aging process.
Pipeline leak detection Toronto companies use a variety of methods to track down leaks and pipeline separations. The primary methods used involve literally listening to the ground. Leak detection companies utilize the latest advances in listening technology, such as ground probes and frequency sensitivity computers.
How They Save You Money
In just one short year, a leaking pipeline Toronto expels thousands of gallons of water – and with thousands of gallons comes thousands of dollars. Not only will you empty your bank account paying for the leaking water, but you’ll have to produce the money to pay for the havoc the water wreaks on your building or home.
Water escaping a pipeline under or near your home can damage your structure in a variety of ways.
• Foundation damage – As water pours into the earth, the soggy ground around your foundation may shift. This shift may result in foundation cracking.
• Rotten wood – Water is the sworn enemy of wood. If water penetrates your home, look for the wood in your floors and walls to start rotting. Eventually you’ll have to pull up flooring or sheetrock and replace the rotten wood. If you have a crawl space under your home, water leaks can rot the wooden joists that act as your home’s support system.
• Mildew and mold – When water enters your home, it creates the ideal breeding ground for mildew and mold. The musty smell mold produces doesn’t just smell bad- it endangers your family.
Through the pipeline LD process, a professional contractor can save you from throwing money away on any of the aforementioned problems.
How They Save Our Earth
It’s a widely accepted fact that water is the world’s most vital resource. However, according to the April 2010 issue of National Geographic, within the next 20 years, half the Earth’s population could face life-threatening water shortages. The issue goes on to explain that more than 10 percent of the world’s fresh water is lost through pipeline leakage. With a near-apocalyptic problem on the rise, practical solutions exist- like pipeline LD.
Who They Can Help
So who can benefit from pipeline leak detection? Well, pretty much everyone in the entire world (as noted above). But more specifically;
• Homeowners – A Toronto home represents the largest investment the average person will make in his entire lifetime. With water possessing the ability to destroy a house in so many ways, a homeowner can benefit from leak detection in well heads, swimming pools, and sewage lines in yards.
• Business owners – Businesses such as hotels and apartment complexes have innumerable chances to develop pipeline leaks. The pipeline leak detection process can find leaks throughout any business.
• City governments – A water leak detection company can survey any water district. Through pipeline LD, they can fine problems in water main lines, fire hydrants, and many other areas that can cost the city millions.
There are many reasons why water leakages take place along pipes. Whatever the reason might be, you should first try to detect the place from where water is leaking. Unless you detect the place from where water is leaking, there is no chance that the next step can be performed. In some cases, leak detection service providers go for various operations like digging at different places but this is a totally wrong move. You should always be very conscious when you are selecting any service providing company. You would have heard about the infrared thermograph that is used for leak detection. There is no better way than infrared technique to find out the point of leakage. Even though infrared radiations are not good for human health, there isn’t a better technique than this one. A special type of camera is used to take photographs of the point of leakage. This special camera is also known as a thermal imaging camera. In the entire process, the thermograph cameraman plays a major role because accuracy of identifying the leakage point depends on the quality of images. The photographer should hold camera at the right place and at the right angle. After taking pictures, expert will analyze things so as to detect the exact location of the hole.
You should always keep one thing in mind, that only experts can detect the hole. There are many reasons why one should opt for the infrared technique for leak detection. This latest infrared technique is cheaper than traditional leak detection methods. If the leakage is underneath the wall, you will have to break the entire wall so as to reach the hole, but with infrared technique you need not break anything. If you have any building in which you want repair work to be carried out without creating any disturbance then there is no better option other than this technique of leak detection. No doubt technology has brought plenty of changes in our lives and this leak detection technique is an example of the same.
If you think you can benefit from pipeline leak detection, contact an Mister Plumber and explore the possible solutions today.
Mister Plumber in Toronto, ON specializing sewer repair, drain cleaning, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates. Call us 416 939 1530 or fill the form for Online Free Estimate.