Household and business establishment encounters different problems with their plumbing. Toronto plumbers come to their rescue and solve their troubles unclogging the pipes, installing new pipes and checking for leaks to name a few. Plumbing involves different kinds of services for every plumbing necessity.
Definition of Plumbing
Plumbing refers to the dispensation of safe drinking water, proper disposal of wastes spread by water and for heating and washing as well by the installation of several types of drains, pipes, fixtures, valves and fittings.
It was derived from the Latin word “plumbum” meaning lead, since the first pipes used were lead pipes during the Roman Empire.
Residential Plumbing Services in Toronto
- Residential plumbing services include replacement of pipes that cracked or burst due to its age or caused by natural disasters, drain blockage, defective sewer lines and low pressure of water in faucets. It deals with different residential plumbing system: interior water supply system, exterior residential plumbing, gas plumbing and drain, sewage and vent system.
- Interior Water Supply System: This type of system pertains to the supply of water to tubs, showers, sinks and toilets. The system gets water either from private wells or municipal water supply or both. Private well makes use of equipment that pumps and pressurizes to draw water whereas water from municipal supplies, pumping and pressurization are covered by a utility company. Commonly used materials include cross-linked polyethylene or PEX, copper pipes and other plastic pipes that conform to the local or standard code.
- Exterior Residential Plumbing: It has two types which are drainage system and landscape irrigation system. Exterior drainage system involves drainage pipes that are placed underground for the prevention of flood and damage to several structures. It also includes gutters which serve as a gateway for rain or storm water that pours down the roof. Landscape irrigation system uses plastic pipes for supplying water to sprinklers.
- Gas Plumbing: Plumbing not only deals with waterworks but also with the installation of pipes for gas fuel supplies such as propane and natural gas. Black iron pipes are commonly used in every household and several establishments including hotels and restaurants.
- Drain, Waste and Vent System: This plumbing system is the process of removing greywater from a house and allows this wastewater to pass drain lines promoting proper and safe drainage. Drain pipes used are commonly made of cast-iron or plastic drain pipes or ABS. This type of system prevents waste water and sewage from entering septic and sewer systems of private and municipal.
Commercial Plumbing Services in Toronto
Commercial plumbing services deals with getting rid of things that block the drainage such as garbage, food wastes and even clumps of hair. Sometimes roots of trees, fungi and mold-build up restrict smooth and proper drainage. What plumbers will do is to cut out tree roots and eliminate those things that cause blockage by the use of hydro jetting device which is highly pressurized, plumbing snakes (not the reptile!) and rooter machines.
Plumbing services make use of rooters and tools that unblock drainage. This innovative equipment have attached cameras at their tips providing plumbers better view and perspective of the pipe’s problem allowing them to figure out what is the best solution without causing any or further damage to the pipe during unblocking procedures.
If you are still looking for trusted, licensed plumber, Mister Plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York specializing sewer repair, upgrade waterline, water service upgrade, drain cleaning, backwater valve installation, lead pipe replacement, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates.