Knowing the Cause Can Help You Prevent Drain Clogs
If there’s one thing you know about drain clogs, it’s that they’re annoying. They prevent you from doing easy every day tasks – like showering and washing dishes – while also having the potential to cause a big mess. While we understand you may only be concerned with just the fact they are clogged, we think it’s important you know the reasons behind the clogs, too.
Why? Because how else can you try and prevent them if you don’t what the reason for the clog is in the first place?
Common Reasons for Drain Clogs
- Incorrectly installed or connected piping: Unfortunately, this is a problem you may not have even known you had – until something went wrong. The best piece of advice we can give is to ensure that everything is installed correctly the second time around, and Mister Plumber in Toronto can assure you that it will be.
- Inappropriate items in garbage disposal: You can’t throw everything into the garbage disposal. The reality is that it’s just not as powerful as you think it is, and you have to be cautious not to throw fatty foods, stringy or starchy vegetables, potato skins, and other tough foods down the drain.
- Sagging sewer lines: You will know this is the problem if your drains are running slower than normal and continue to back up.
- Unauthorized items being flushed: Feminine hygiene products, too much toilet paper, toys, toothbrushes, etc. are all items that don’t belong in your toilet drain.
- Outdoor debris: If things like mud, clay, grass, or leaves get into your drain line it will cause a stoppage. Typically that means you have a break, and a clog, and will have to repair the line as well.
- Municipal government’s failure to maintain lines: This is another issue that you have no control over, but one that can cause you quite a bit of trouble. If they don’t maintain their sewer lines, you may be experiencing someone else’s back up – not even your own.
- Tree roots: Yes, this is a real problem. They infiltrate your line, grow, expand, and eventually clog your line right up.
- Grease: Grease is one of the worst culprits of clogged drain lines that we see, so it’s important to watch the stuff you are putting down your drain.
- Collapsed sewer lines: This problem can be intense to fix, as its costly and may require some excavation. But, don’t worry, Mister Plumber in Toronto will make it as harmless as we possibly can!
- Line breakages: To check for this, look for a pile of debris at one location. If you see it, the break in the line needs to be professionally addressed.
No matter what’s causing your drain clog, Mister Plumber in Toronto will clear it with ease. Call us today!
If there’s one thing a life in the plumbing industry has taught us, it’s that every pipe (without proper maintenance) will eventually become clogged over time. Grease, hair, soap scum, sediment, sludge, roots and much, much more can slow or completely stop the proper function of your home’s drains and cause you a massive plumbing headache. Fortunately, Mister Plumber has the perfect antidote to these nasty types of clogs – water jetting!
Water jets are the most effective weapon in the Toronto drain cleaning arsenal. These are a massively powerful device that transforms ordinary water into a pressurized blast that can reach up to 60,000 psi, cutting through your blocked drains. Water jets will cut through roots, dissolve blockages and emulsify grease and soap scum, all while spray washing pipe interiors clean.
Our state-of-the-art water jets can cut through any obstruction or blockage in your drain line. And unlike drain snakes or liquid chemical substances, they won’t cause further damage to your already hurting pipes. Our drain cleaning technicians are specially trained to calibrate the appropriate water pressure for your home’s unique plumbing, taking into account the size and material of the pipes so no damage is done to your drain system.
Benefits of Water Jetting:
- Won’t cause further damage to fragile, overworked pipes.
- Powerful and versatile enough to punch through most any clog.
- Improves overall flow of your home plumbing system.
- Once the pipe is unclogged, the water from the jet flushes loose detritus through your plumbing and finally out of your system.
- Efficient, economical and environmentally safe drain cleaning method.
- Leaves pipe interiors almost as clean as the day they were installed.
Congested drains can be a big headache for Toronto homeowners. Unfortunately, this is an issue that you will surely experience as these fixtures start to deteriorate. It is possible to perform minor repairs. Otherwise, call an expert Toronto plumber if the scope of work is too difficult. Your first move is to find out the possible probable cause of the congestion. This will allow you to think of cost-effective solutions and save resources as well as time.
You can buy drain cleaners but it is practical to choose preventive measures first. Congestion mat arise if concentrated liquid substances are poured down the drain. Some of these are lubricants, used paint and hot wax which do not melt quickly. Said substances mount up at the edges of pipes causing debris to stick to it. Refrain from throwing solid materials in the drain. Falling hair, food crumbs and paper are also responsible for blocking sewages.
Be sure that you have a trash can and drain strainer in the bathroom to prevent objects from being washed to the open drain. Do not forget to clean the filter regularly because blocking can lead to more serious problems. Plumbing maintenance is also important frequently to help you stay away from these issues. It is advisable to pour boiling water to break up all stubborn particles. Follow this up with cold water to wash away the rest of the debris.
Check structural defects within your plumbing system. These are caused by the natural movement of the ground, substandard or leaking pipes, dropping of land level, growth of tree roots, and disintegration of ditches. These can hamper water flow and lead to total obstruction. Contact a capable Toronto plumber right away once these problems begin to come out.
The best thing to do is to check the litter that goes down the drainage structure often. Find time to scour kitchen utensils so food leftovers can be separated and thrown to the trash bin. Use the right type of detergent that can eliminate grease that builds up when you cook food. Do not throw this used oil directly to the kitchen sink. Just put this into a separate container and let it cool down before putting it away. Do not let this jam to turn into an unmanageable problem. Fix everything immediately so you will not have to call the problem and spend money. Nonetheless, the plumbing expert is the best person to call if things go out of hand.
If you are looking for tips for clearing blocked drains, Mister Plumber in Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York specializing sewer repair, upgrade waterline, lead pipe replacement, water service upgrade, drain cleaning, backwater valve installation, lead pipe replacement, re-piping and emergency plumbing, Mister Plumber uses the latest technology to effectively troubleshoot and quickly repair any plumbing problem and offers a fast response and free estimates. Call us 416 939 1530 or fill the form for Online Free Estimate.